Welcome to VCHSG
Founded in 1970, the Ventura County Handweavers & Spinners Guild is an all volunteer organization dedicated to the education and promotion of fiber arts, with a focus on weaving and spinning. With an active membership of over 70 members, the guild participates in community events and sponsors a variety of educational programs and workshops in a broad range of textile-related crafts.
Guild meetings are usually held the fourth Saturday of each month except November and December. Board meetings begin at 8:30 a.m., with the general meeting following at 9:30 a.m. A fiber-related program is presented at each meeting, often with a workshop continuing through the afternoon. Visitors and new members are always welcome. (More information can be found here)
New and Updated:
- July Meeting - Our next meeting on Saturday, July 26, features the Indian Desert Weavers. The meeting is free and visitors are welcome. Please join us!
- Harvest Sale - Flyers and postcards for this year's Harvest Show and Sale are available for download here (scroll down to bottom of the page.)
- A Country Fair with Ocean Air - Come see us at the Fair! Sheep to Shawl demo is Friday, August 1, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Spinning Competition is Sunday, August 3, at 12:30 p.m. More information on the Events page.
- County Fair Links -
- Fair Entry Guide is here.
- Home Arts Entry Guide is here.
- General County Fair information is here.